July 20, 2011

Tour - Day 19

Today I made progress. Today I plied the alpaca and silk from Sheep Shed Studio in chocolate.  It was slippery and tricky, kind of like the route the cyclists took today down the mountain:


This yarn is shown pre-bath, I'm hoping that the bath makes the fiber full enough to fill in the 'blank' spaces.


Tomorrow I will spin up the rest of the BFL from Frabjous Fibers which, I believe, will be the last of my Tour spinning.  I don't have the heart to pull another braid out of the cabinet even though I just purchased 3 braids that I can hardly wait to get my hands on.

What I learned about my spinning style during this event is that this really is a race.  A race to get braids done, to make good yarn and to reduce stash in double time.  In real time, it takes me a week to spin one braid, and then it sits on the spool for about a month before I ply it.  Jeez, I'm a slacker.

The tour ends on Saturday.  By then I hope to have the yardage for all the skeins I spun.  That should be satisfying.  Last year I spun after work for the entire tour and I spun 5 braids, this year I spun 8.  Woo hoo!  I did take a week off from work during the tour so that helped.

Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment