July 17, 2011

Tour - Day 16

The first days of the race, I was fresh and ready to go!  I love the Tour de France race and I watch it while I spin which makes me sit on the evil, hard stool longer than is sane.  Of course, I also had visions of wheedling my stash down to a reasonable amount and having lots of yarn instead of fiber.

The second week, after watching a week of carnage during the race (man tumbles over handlebars and lands on face, man crashes and ends up in a ravine and when they pull him up they believe his pelvis is broken, car crashes into rider, who crashes into another rider and man #1 goes skidding down the pavement and the other rider crashes into a barbed wire fence OMG!), I'm not so fresh and I feel road weary for the riders.  It's hard to cheer for anyone when so many have been taken out of the race due to injury (the Tour officials call it 'abandoning') it makes my aching hands, back, butt and neck seem minor.

Tomorrow is a day of rest and my first day back at work.  That means my spinning time will be abbreviated and the knitters who read this blog will finally see some knitting again.  I'll be just as relieved.

Today's offering is alpaca and silk from Sheep Shed Studio purchased about 3-4 years ago at the Maryland Sheep & Wool Festival.  I purchased 8 ounces and spun some of it up last year - which I gave away after the Tour.

 
Pardon the photo quality, my son took the picture under protest.

Tomorrow I'll ply it up and see if I can get something better than chunky weight.  Maybe it'll be enough to make something like a hat.  Maybe.

What will I spin on Tuesday?  I have no idea and I don't want to think about it.  I'm just trying to get to the end of the race.

1 comment:

  1. I feel the same as you. The photo is pretty good,too bad the fence is in it too. Right now I'm feeling, I'll never do Tour de Fleece again, but that might change until next time, who knows. :o)

    ReplyDelete