July 19, 2011

Tour - Day 18

Today I got nothing.  I got home from work at 8p, sat at my wheel and on that hard stool and spun up the rest of the alpaca/silk.  I got more satisfaction that it is gone than I got from actually spinning it.  I was hot, it is humid, I am tired and that stool was harder than it's ever been.

I should have plied some yarn, I should have washed some yarn, I should hire someone to do it for me, if that were possible.  I wish it was still light outside so I could get a good picture of what I've spun so far in all it's stages of un-doneness.  But here's the best I could get:


Looking at them all together, I wouldn't say I have a favorite color although the two skeins that speak to me the most are the persimmon and the purple poppies (skeins #6 and #7 from the left).  I'll have the specifics on yardage and approximate weight after the tour is over.

Not a bad haul for two weeks.  It astonishes me how much I can get done when there's a deadline.

1 comment:

  1. If I remember correctly you did a lot more spinning this year during TdF, than last year?! There is still time to do what you want, finish or spin new yarn. To me, they all look good.

    ReplyDelete