November 28, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

Yes, it's after Thanksgiving day, but the turkey I ate knocked me unconscious and I'm just coming out of my food coma. I spent the holiday at Millie and Clif's house (yes, that's Clif with one 'f'). There was so much food I made sure to pace myself, but if you had smelled the food I was eating, you wouldn't have been able to resist either. Trust me.

Anyway, I've been wandering around the house wondering what to knit and decided there was nothing very inspiring to do, so I pulled out an old WIP. The Must Have (been crazy) Cardigan (Patons).


You're probably thinking that I saw the Yarn Harlot make this one and I took on the task, but no. I actually saw the pattern here and thought how pretty it looks. Of course I rushed right out and bought the pattern. I bought the Patons Merino a year later at $2.00/skein and started the sweater.

Imagine my surprise when the Yarn Harlot had it done in ike 3 days! I was sick in my heart and wondered if she'd finish mine.

You may also think the yarn looks familiar, as in Howard's socks:



Alas, no. Howard's socks are made of mystery yarn and if I still had his socks you'd see for yourself.

Anyway, I'm working on the sleeves now. It's quick going unless I stop to do dishes, or laundry. The whole sweater is driving me crazy, but I'm not putting it down until it's done. It'll be the 5th thing I've ever made for myself (2 pairs of socks, 1 scarf and 1 shawl) in my 30 years of knitting. The miracle will come if I keep it. I'm always giving MY away stuff.

I've got a long weekend coming, so let's see how far I get.

Feel free to pass along some words of encouragement, or sympathy.

No comments:

Post a Comment