July 06, 2013

Tour - Day 8

Finally I feel like I have something to show besides pictures of (spinning) work in progress!  I finished spinning up the Masham and what a lovely it is!



Unfortunately it's still damp after a whole night and day of hanging out to dry, so back on the rack it goes.  Still, this two ply yarn is an evenly spun light fingering weight.  Yay!  Of course, with the humidity what it is here in New York City, it may never dry.

It is indeed gray/brown, depending on what light you're viewing it under, and it's about as soft as all get out.  Honestly I didn't expect anything less because the roving was lovely to begin with - even I couldn't mess that up.


The Shetland I spun up got plied today, and here it is:


This is 4 ounces of Shetland plied up and ready for a bath in the morning.  It'll be another fingering weight yarn from the looks of things, unless it plumps up after bath.  It's so pretty I don't care what it does, it's orange and it's cute enough to be made into something summer-y.

Lastly, I know the knitters out there have about had enough of the spinning talk, so I thought I'd try something different today.  It still has to do with spinning, but maybe a little 'live action' would make the spinning seem more interesting.

I know you don't see me, but I can't see you either so it's OK.





Happy spinning!

2 comments:

  1. What a feast for the eyes! Gorgeous skeins and
    I loved the video too! I can't wait to see what pattern you select for these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE THIS! I love the skeins you'e spun up. And I love what you're doing on the video!

    ReplyDelete