July 14, 2009

Still On Tour

This is going to be short and sweet, and yes, it has to do with spinning - again.

I'm up to here with my Forest Floor fiber:



It's spinning up even prettier than I ever imagined. The colors are coming along and are looking more like dark pastels - which I love, love, love! Why I didn't spin this up sooner is a complete mystery to me. It has so much potential (provided I can ply it well).


I'm going to scour the net for more of this fiber. It was totally worth the cost, and may well end up being the reason I'm happy about joining the Tour de Fleece this year.

And now for the answer to the burning question: why did I sign up for the Tour de Fleece in the first place if it's wearing me out. Well, there are many reasons, but the main one is that I need to destash.

Here's the reason, every time I sit at my wheel I see this:


And this is only some of my stash! I'm going to the New York Sheep & Wool Festival in October, and I need room for my new fiber.


The other reason is because of the woman with the walker who is also in the contest. She's my inspiration and my competitor, so if she can stay in and work past the fatigue, the low yardage and risk crappy plying for a prize that probably neither of us needs (but wants), then so can I.


But I'm NOT competitive by nature. Honestly.

Just ask any of the ladies in knitting class.

1 comment:

  1. OMG! I did not know your roving stash is gettig out of control. A lot like your yarn stash did a few years ago! And its just a matter of time before it takes over your whole house.

    ReplyDelete