July 28, 2009

Knitting Again

Now that the Tour de Fleece is over, I took a deep breath and looked around at my stash and decided that the big bags of yarn had to go and I have to start on my holiday gift making now

So, the first large bag contained the kit for the Sipalu Bag in Tranquil. It's cute and since it will be lined to prevent stretching, it's going to be a handy bag to have.


I'd consider this an intermediate project because the pattern is on a chart, the stranding and the provisional cast on which you have to do twice. Once you get past all that, it's full speed ahead.

First you make the sides and the bottom:


Then you go on to the front and back of the bag. They are exactly the same and if you can do it once, you can do it twice:


It doesn't look like much after only three days of knitting, but when I'm done hopefully half the bag of yarn will be gone.

While I'm concentrating on this project I am reminded of all the reasons why I like knitting in the first place. It's the feel of the yarn and watching the balls of yarn disappear, it's the emerging pattern that I sometimes can't see while reading the chart, and it's the satisfaction of knowing that when I'm done I'll have a usable (or gift worthy) project.

Yep, I'm back on knitting track and I'm loving it.

1 comment:

  1. This project would take me forever! You are right to start on holiday gift making. :o) My bins are low on that. They get picked throughout the year. Happy knitting!!!

    ReplyDelete