January 10, 2009

One Finished Object (FO)

I'm supposed to be working on my sweater, but during the course of the week I realized I needed some instant gratification. To that end, I decided to make something that was quick, useful, and would cause me to use some of the yarn I spun which is downstairs gathering dust. Amazing how that happens.

So I did a little web surfing and happened to go to Brooklyn Tweed's site. He has some really, really good and beautiful pieces there and he's quite prolific, putting up piece after piece of woolen beauty.

My eye went to a hat pattern called 'Turn a Square' (instant gratification and useful), and I cast on last night.





I used Karabella Aurora in black as the main color and the stripes are some BFL I spun about six months ago. Not bad, eh?



But what I liked most about the hat is that the stripes go round and round until the crown decreasing which makes the circles a square. Clever, right?


And during the course of my web surfing which was very productive, I managed to acquire a pattern from Knit Picks which I'd been eyeing since I got the catalogue. It's the Sipalu Bag pattern and I'm dying to cast on, but I have a sweater to finish.

Since it's snowing outside and my grocery shopping is done and in its proper place, the only thing I have to do is start dinner and do laundry. Then I can crawl into bed with whatever project suits my fancy.

Hopefully, it'll be the sweater (which is 75% done), but I like to keep my options open.

1 comment:

  1. I loved the hat! I knit very slowly!

    ReplyDelete