January 11, 2009

Now Back to My Regularly Scheduled Sweater

Well, mostly back to the sweater. I got a little sidetracked with the KAL (knit along) with my knitting circle.

We're working on a Patons slipper and since everyone seems to be having such a fit with working the lace panel, I decided to go ahead and just make one slipper so everyone can see the finished project.

I got as far as knitting the pieces and blocking them:



And as soon as they're dry, I'll sew them together and try to figure out how to explain it to the group. Over the years I've learned that some people are visual and some need written instructions, either way most folks want to see the finshed project. By Saturday I will (hopefully) have one.

Then, feeling guilty, I decided to pull the sweater out. Mostly I am afraid that the sweater will fall by the wayside since I have so many things I want to make and the yarn is at my fingertips.

So, here's what I'm up to now (row 4 of the tangled part):


So far, so good. If I go slow and follow the chart carefully I'll only go blind and crazy, but the math won't kill me.

My inspiration is back. I don't know where it was, but it's back and champing at the bit to make beautiful things. And with three new skeins of sock yarn and 4 braids of roving on the way, and a new pattern at my fingertips, I feel my creative juices flowing.

My knitting circle friends and I are on the preemie project again. Yvonne W., one of the ladies in the circle, works at a hospital and last year we gifted some hats and booties for the preemies in the NICU for which the hospital staff (and the parents of the precious bundles there) were extremely appreciative. This year we're doing it again, and we're including blankets.

I can't wait to share pictures of all the cuteness that is those tiny sweaters. Meanwhile, Carmen R. has already made 3 sweaters with matching hats and booties! Cute!

Now, back to my sweater.

No comments:

Post a Comment