January 15, 2009

Too Cold To Knit

I was going to knit today, but my fingers are frozen. My house is very small, and I was under the impression that heat rises. Under that premise, my bedroom on the top floor should feel like I'm in the Bahamas - instead it feels like I'm on the North Pole.

Progress was made on the sweater. I'm done with the tangled yoke part. This picture was taken before I was done, but I can't get a more current picture because the camera is downstairs and it's too darned cold to get it.



The rest of the sweater is stockinette stitch so things should really start to move quickly from now on. That means the deadline is still in effect.


Then, in my travels, I came across this:



It's a zippered binder. And since I have all these patterns in sleeves stuck everywhere but in a book, and because it was too cold to knit, I put a few patterns in the book:


I realized quickly that I'm going t need about 20 of these books if I plan to keep my patterns. Since buying that many (at $17 bucks a pop) ain't going to happen, I'm going to have to come up with some other solution for pattern storage.

So now, all I have to do is crawl under the covers, get Little Miss Kitty to act like a footwarmer (thereby justifying all the money I spent on cat food fattening her up), and I'm all good.

When exactly is Spring?

No comments:

Post a Comment