December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas!


Well, the gifts are finally wrapped and the children are asleep. I am awake and wanting to go to sleep, but I can't put down the sweater I'm working on because I only get to knit when Odessa is asleep. She's visiting for the holidays and is only 3 years old - with a keen interest in my row counter. When I'm not looking, she rolls my numbers forward by a LOT!

I found out the secret to making boucle yarn. By spinning my yarn with a thinner yarn, I turned this:

Into this:



Cool! (I think clicking on the picture will make it larger than life.)

Anyway, enjoy your day whether you celebrate Christmas or not, because no matter what, almost every store and shop is closed and you've got to love a day when you can't spend a dime!

1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas! Your new yarn is gorgeous. You totally went for the gusto when you sat at the wheel again. I'm inspired.

    ReplyDelete