December 12, 2008

Almost There

I don't know why I opted to make myself this sweater instead of giving handmade gifts to everyone I know. I feel it would have been less mind bending to make everyone a gift than it is to make myself this particular sweater.

The sweater is pinned together in this picture, and if I hadn't gotten home at 10:30 this evening, I'd be sewing the seams right now.

Mind you, I am close to the end and I should be feeling happy about it, but the closer I get to the end the more I feel it should go to someone other than me. I can't explain it, but I'm feeling guilty about this sweater.



The buttons (obviously not sewn on in the picture or in real life) were purchased about a year ago and they're absolutely beautiful! I fell in love with them the minute I saw them. I'll hold judgement on how they look after I see them on the finished sweater, but considering how neurotic I get when button shopping this is button nirvana.

So, that's it. All I have to do is sew it up, wrap it up and put it under the tree with no name on it. Just in case someone loves it more than me.





No comments:

Post a Comment