November 26, 2012

One Down

Well, it took a lot of my brain to make the socks called "Brainless" (Ravelry), but it was worth the effort.  I had to rip it back a couple of times, and the instructions and the notes I managed to jumble into one big set of directions - which was wrong.  But I finally got it right.  Yay!

I love these socks:


I especially love the purl gussets.  The picture above is before the one sock was done, but it's done.  Honest!

My biggest concern about making toe up socks is that the sock won't go up my leg without cutting off the circulation.  Lucky me, the instructions suggested using Jeny's Surprisingly Stretchy Bind Off (JSSBO) which is miraculously stretchy.

When the second sock is done, I'll fill you in on all the particulars of these socks.  Until then, I'm going to enjoy wearing the first sock so I can stare at it occasionally while I knit the second sock.

Woo hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment