November 14, 2012

No Knitting!

About a month ago I took my son to a doctor's appointment where we ended up sitting in the waiting room for about an hour.  While there, I saw a little spider crawling on the back of my son's chair and I went to flick it off.  I flicked my finger, missed the spider and felt a sharp pain in my hand.  I looked at it as it swelled up, turned black and blue and it was so painful I almost yelled out.

You would think that since I was already in the doctor's office I would have said something.  You would be wrong.  I figured I pulled a muscle, broke a blood vessel or something simple, and that it would go away in short order.  It didn't.  Over the past month the knuckle would swell, turn pink, then red, then blue, etc.  But I was still knitting.

Long story short, I went to the doctor on Monday and he said I probably dislocated my finger, but since I have full range of motion it probably reasserted itself, however, the injury caused fluid to accumulate in my hand.  He taped up two of my fingers (really? tape?) and told me to rest the hand for one week.  Don't lift anything heavy, no repetitive motions and no knitting.  Really?

So I stopped knitting.  But not before I finished this hat:


Torsion by Julie Knits using Springtree Road Yarns in a cranberry color (lost the tag, sorry).  I used US #2.75 Addi Turbo needles.  I love the top of the hat, but as for the rest of the hat ...

Hate it.

The hat sits so high on my head I look like one of the Coneheads from Saturday Night Live.

So now I have to redeem myself by making something nice.  But no knitting.  Right.

Uh ... well, I just knit a little bit.

Tonight I cast on Georgia On My Mind by Leslie Thompson one of The Knit Girllls.  It's a basic sock with a little seed stitch to break it up.  These socks will end up under the Christmas tree for my son:


That picture was taken with my new camera since my old one kind of bit the dust.  The battery cover doesn't close.


And while I wasn't knitting, I went through the books that arrived in the mail:


There are so many patterns in this issue of Interweave Knits that I'm wanting to make sooner than later.


And I'm determined to make my sewing machine work for me.  Maybe I will learn how to make my own sock bags instead of spending $30 on them.  Not that they're not worth their price, they are.

So, I'm off to continue not knitting ;).

Have a wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment