August 17, 2012

What a Day

I usually have Friday's off and this was one of my 'free' days.  Of course, it started early with an appointment at the dentist.  Not a great way to start the day, but at least it got me out of bed early so I could enjoy the day.

On the way to catch the bus, I saw there was a farmer's market set up.  Wow!  It's there every Friday and I knew that, but when I see them on the way to work, they're always just starting to set up.  Today I saw them in full swing:


There were lots of people there.  Lots.  They had bags and carts and I was sorry my mouth wasn't in any shape to even look. Note to self: go to the farmer's market before you go to the dentist.  At least then I'd have something to look forward to.


I don't know if  you can see the tents going down the street, but each booth was mobbed!  Who says Bronxites don't know how to eat healthy!

And at it again is Joyce who is just as talented at crochet as she is at knitting.  She made a baby blanket out of Berroco Comfort and I swear it's the softest blanket I've ever touched:


She put a flower on one corner so that when it isn't in use, it should be folded so the flower is on top.  Clever and adorable, don't you think?


As for my own knitting, I'm still working on the Little Oak baby sweater (Coastal Kids) which is a pretty quick knit with only a couple of tricky bits.  It's adorable too, but it'll be the end of the weekend before it's done (and months before it's ready to wear):


The only thing better than making a beautiful sweater is watching my stash go down.  Gotta make room for the new stash I'm going to get at the New York Sheep and Wool Festival in October.

I'm off to knit and listen to the pitter patter of rain still falling after the thunderstorm that just whipped through.

No comments:

Post a Comment