August 13, 2012

Baby Wrap

There is no doubt that I am happy about the Summer Olympics coming to an end.  The United States won a whole slew of medals and I'm proud of all the Olympians who trained for years to earn them.

While the Olympians were flexing their skills and winning all over the place, I was knitting.  Yep, that's my kind of exercise - practically not moving.  And with all that quiet (except for when I was cheering my Olympic picks on), I finished the Summer Blooms Shawl.

And when I wasn't killing myself putting beads on thin  yarn, I worked on the Baby Wrap Sweater.  This pattern was so easy that an advanced beginner shouldn't be afraid to try.  It's almost all garter stitch with little in the way of finishing.  Still, the result was adorable.


I made it with Bebe Lang Superwash in mint and powder blue.  This is the sweetest sweater  I've ever made.

The ruffle is a cute little touch and was as easy to make as the body of the sweater:


And the i-cord accents on this sweater don't take much, but they surely add value to the look:


Even if you hate picking up stitches, the design element is certainly worth the effort.

The sweater comes in the girl version (ruffles at the collar) and the boy version (i-cord trim all around).

I'm as pleased as punch with the outcome.

So, what's on my needles now?  Coastal Kids Little Oak.  Another adorable little sweater.  I'm using Madelinetosh Pashmina:


I cast on this morning and here's where I am:


One more inch and I can start on the sleeves which are added before you get to the design element at the top of the sweater.

I'm just stash busting all over the place!  Must be all that Olympic energy rubbing off.  I hope it lasts through the winter, when I need it most.

No comments:

Post a Comment