October 01, 2012

Nylah

When I'm not going to knit, I to have a pretty darned good reason.  And I usually do.  Have a good reason, that is.  I had company yesterday.

On May 29th, my son became a father and I became a grandmother.  I know!  Hard to believe, right?  His college education is delayed, but life goes on.

And my reason for not knitting is 4 month old Nylah, who came for one of her many visits to date:


She came and the house was full of happy baby noises!  I was far too distracted to knit.  Here she is napping with the Brooklyn Tweed Baby Blanket I made her:


And here just being as cute as can be:


And since my son spent enough time putting together a playpen, well, she's at least got to try it out, right?


And while she was doing that, I was blogging and doing this:


Granted, it's not much progress, but it's the best I could do to keep this a knitting blog.  Besides, she didn't sleep very long.

Tonight knitting resumes, and yes, the first sock was made with a larger needle than the second sock (which fits better) and therefore must be undone.  Oy!

3 comments:

  1. OMG! Congratulations on being a grandma! What a cutie she is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!!! She is adorable! Congrats G-Ma!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! Oh my goodness! So out of the loop! I want to hold her and smell her. That sounds crazy. LOL! Michelle B.

    ReplyDelete