October 18, 2012

Baby, You're a Rock Star

The trip is coming up, and I'm almost ready to go!  I've been slowly gathering my stuff to take with me and I'll be at the bus at 8:00 a.m. sharp.  I've got my shopping list all done up, I've mapped out my route and the only thing left to do is pack lunch, pack spending money and head out.

The Kilim socks are my chore for tomorrow (luckily it's my day off) and I'll have nothing to do but knit - and maybe run a few errands.

The Rock Star BFL is drying right now, and I hope it adds up to at least 200 yards of 2-ply yarn.  I packed as much as I could on one bobbin:


And when I took it off the niddy noddy it hung so nicely, Maggie Casey would have been very proud:


I don't think you can see it here, but the purple did show up nicely:


Can you see it?  I can.  I think I'm in love with this yarn.

It had it's soak in unscented Euclan:


And the only thing left to do is check the yardage, label it and hand it over to someone at Rhinebeck.  Woo hoo!

The yarn is still damp, but here's a preview:


I finally see the difference between spinning with the forward draw (worsted) and the backward draw (woolen).  My backward draw makes for a fluffier, squishier yarn.

Now, if I can just remember that for next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment