October 24, 2012

Fall

Spring and Autumn are my favorite times of the year because I get to choose between lightweight sweaters and heavier ones.  There are so many choices of fiber and color and I can even make my own yarn, if I'm feeling ambitious.  What color matches these trees?


New York Sheep & Wool Festival
Rhinebeck, NY 2012

There's got to be something in my stash that matches the color of the trees.  It dawns on me that I'm always giving my hand knits away and I'm in serious need of sweaters.  Maybe I'll make myself one for Christmas, which won't happen until after Christmas, of course.

I'm currently working on Mary's socks, Embossed Leaves.  I'm modifying the pattern by making the leg shorter because they're meant to be worn in home while watching TV so she can keep her toes warm.  It's amazing how much better they look made in solid colors.


The yarn is Karabella 4 in lilac, I think, purchased at School Products.  I haven't been to their new location yet, but I'll get some pictures as soon as I do. 

The new Knit Picks catalog came in the mail today and I've made note of all the things I want.  I'm not going to buy them, of course, but I still want them.

I hope to be able to do some spinning this weekend now that I have discovered how to spin woolen.  The Jacob fiber is as soft as butter and I'm sure I need a black and white scarf.  

No comments:

Post a Comment