September 09, 2010

Mail Day

Every day is mail day, but usually it's bills and junk mail and occasionally mail for my neighbor.  I think the mailman has the same problem with numbers that I do.  In spite of that, today was mail bonus day.   All of the mail was good news and most of it was from Greenwood Fiberworks.

There was this 4 ounce braid of BFL in Rosewood:



And this 4 ounce braid of BFL in Persimmon:


And yet another 4 ounce braid of BFL in Huckleberry Truffle:


And Spin Dye Stitch came today too!


And if I thought newness only came in boxes and bags in the mail, I'd be mistaken because this lovely over spun beauty came off my own wheel:


I don't have any stats on it yet, but the color changes are wonderful.  It's merino/tussah from Cloverleaf Farm.  I'll work it all out on my next post where I hope to display some more of my own handspun.  I'm on a roll!

Now all I have to do is cast on shawl #10, the last one, which has to be done by December.  I've got plenty of time, but if I keep telling myself that I'll run out of time.  I wouldn't want that to happen this close to the end.

Gotta go - Miss Kitty is trying to make a meal out of my fiber!

3 comments:

  1. I love your new fibers. I can hardly wait to see the beautiful yarns you will make wit them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely fiber. I'm not clicking on the link though, because I don't need another fiber source!!!
    Please give a review of this new book!
    I love the colors in your new yarn. I clicked on it to have a closer look. Is it washed yet? The extra twist might get lost in a wash, it often does with mine. Other then that it looks perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful colors! I can't wait to see what you spin up, and then knit up with it!!!

    ReplyDelete