September 20, 2013

I'm blogging to keep from doing other things, like taking the clothes out of the dryer.  Or putting the clothes I folded where they belong.  I'm exercising my right to not do housework this evening.

This evening I fed the 5 mangy cats and high tailed it out of there before the raccoons showed up.  My son works until 11p and he said there were a bunch of them hanging out in front of my neighbor's house.  Honestly, I live in metropolitan New York, should there even be raccoons here?
I saw one opossum, a bunch of rabbits, raccoons and skunks.  One of the ladies in the knitting group said a fox was spotted in the park behind her building.  What the heck?!  I thought the only 'wildlife' in the Bronx were the squirrels and pigeons!  Honestly, one report about a sighting of Big Foot and I'm outta here!

Anyway, that's not what this post is about.  It's about what I haven't seen -  until today.  On Monday, I stalked the Must Stash Shop because she had a skein of yarn called Candy Crush.  I'm addicted to the game, I had to have that skein of yarn.

Score!


Staci included (along with the thank you note), a couple of 'tasters': a small packet of Soak and some stitch markers.  Lovely and cute!  The yarn is soft and squishy and I'm dying to see how the socks come out.  I don't want to make plain vanilla socks, so the hunt is on.

I finished spinning up the Loop bullseye bump:


All the colors are in there, and I've decided that after it's had an overnight rest, that I'll ply it up on my Ashford espinner because that bobbin looks like it could hold pounds of fiber.  Navajo ply it will be.

Lastly, I'm still working on the Elderflower Wine socks, but there's no way to get a good picture of this sock which appears to be jumbo sized, but after a quick try on, I realize that I must have jumbo legs because it fits.  Here's a picture of it from Ravelry:


It's a nice sock, but I'm not in love with it.  Unfortunately, I can't put it down because I can't have this yarn balled up forever, now can I?  Besides, I joined a forum on Ravelry called the 26 pair plunge where I'm supposed to make 26 pairs of socks in a year and this one counts - whether I love it or not.

That's it for now.

1 comment:

  1. Hehe, you crack me up! Looks like you've got the same wild life as we do. The other night I took Denny outside at around 4AM, when there were 2 Koyoties howling their heads off. Very spooky! Needless to say, Denny was done in no time. I played Candy Crush too until I ran out of levels (free ones). It really IS a fun game. Looking forward to seeing your CC socks!

    ReplyDelete