September 27, 2013

Finally Done!

If you read my last post, then you know what happened to me while making the French Cancan shawl.  I ran out of yarn with two rows to go.  Knowing that there were potentially 8 or 9 skeins somewhere in this house, I went on a hunt and found them.  Yay!

I soaked, towel dried and pinned the shawl to the mats.  Did I mention that I really don't like blocking things?  I don't like being on the floor pinning and repinning until it looks like I think it should:


But the blocked and finished product is always a joy to behold:


My flowers (called chicks and hens) are dying out, and today's lack of sunshine didn't take away from the beauty that is this shawl.

Then I went back to my socks - since the month is practically over and I'm behind making 26 pairs of socks, at the rate I'm going I'll be lucky to get 12 pairs.  These are the Honey Badger socks.  I'll be finished with them in the next day or two.


Lastly, I did finish spinning my Loop Bullseye Bump.  It's hanging in the bathroom because the squirrels around here are packing up for winter and wool (of any sort) gets bagged up, if they get their claws on it.  I'm not going to give them a chance to pack this lovely yarn:


It's been spun, Navajo plied, washed, whacked, thwacked and now it's waiting to become something sparkly.  I'm amazed how long it took to ply as I tried to keep the colors together.  It seems to have worked out pretty well.  Yardage is pending.

Now, I may have mentioned that I've taken up the task of feeding my neighbor's 5 mangy cats.  He was in hospital, and was gone for nearly a month.  Turns out, dude moved to Florida!  What?!  You mean he's not coming back?  I was 'helping out' and now those 5 mangy cats are at my door every time it opens!  No!!

There's Mangy Cat #1, I call him Turner, who sleeps on my top step waiting for a chance to get his flea ridden body in my front door.  Whenever the other cats come near the steps, she/he fights them off.  I say, don't fight them off - you go away with them!  I already have a healthy cat!



Mangy Cat #2 tried to jump in the front seat of my car when I opened the door!  No!  Fleas, ear mites, smelly, dirty and homeless.  What is more pitiful?

Animal Control wants me to bring them in, but they're feral and don't want to be touched.  Do I seem like the type of person that wants to get scratched by any of these cats?  No way!  Get me a hazmat suit and I might try, otherwise not on your life!  But I don't have the heart to let them starve, so there's a stalemate going on here.  What do I do?


1 comment: