October 29, 2009

It Was a Good Day

My niece is about to have a baby any day now, so my mom said she's sending a box and wanted to know what I had to add to it.

Well, I had a mountain of Bernat Baby in lilac which had been hanging around here forEVER, so I made a sweater from the label on the yarn. I've made this sweater so many times I almost know it by heart. I told Mom I made a sweater.



"That's it?" she asked in her inimitable way. "Go to the store and get something else. What about a hat, at least?"

"Knitted hats are bad for babies." I told her. I made that up. Why? Because that's my story, that's why. So I made booties.

Lately I'm quite pleased with my 'zero mistakes' knitted goods. The sweater is really cute too. To add to my happiness, I only had this much yarn left over:


I could throw it away, but knowing how much Little Miss Kitty loves to steal (and eat) my yarn, I thought I'd offer it to her.

Wake up, Miss Kitty, I have a treat for you. Here's some yarn you can have and eat if you want to. Wake up!

She had absolutely NO interest. I bet she'd have taken it if it was attached to some needles. I have chased her, my yarn and my WIP down the stairs plenty of times.

Details:
Yarn: Baby Bernat in lilac, 2 skeins
Size: 0-3 months
Needles: US #3

I made a second pair of booties in another color, but I "put them up" so I'll probably find them later. (In about a year, I bet.) I've also got Knitty's Seascape on the needles which I cast on yesterday, so now I am officially behind in my holiday knitting.


I'm not surprised.

3 comments:

  1. Lovely Baby jacket. I like Seascape too, no wonder you had to cast it on. Enjoy the knit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your niece will be pretty in purple. That's such a beautiful set!

    ReplyDelete