January 15, 2012

Variety

Well, my "three hour" hat is finally done.  It's my first project of 2012 and I'm pleased with it, even if it is a little on the large side:


I was going for a slouch and it does slouch, but mostly it looks like a big hat.  The back is pretty too:


The pattern is Amelie (Ravelry), the yarn is Madelinetosh, Tosh Vintage in Duchess.  The hat was knit up on US #7 and the modifications were a deeper hem and a picot edge.  Hat number 2 will fit my head better.

Knitting circle today was a variety show of knitterly goodness.  Maria brought in her Innovations knitting machine which her mother gifted her:


She says everything knits up in 8 minutes.  Imagine that!  What was more amazing is that the machine was purchased from Finger Hut, a business name I haven't heard in years.  I'm surprised they're still around.

Nilda brought in some knit good she said she had 'laying around'.  Wow!


The striped shawl is the abbreviated version of the Multnomah Shawl.   It fits her perfectly and that was not donated, just brought in for show and tell.

Amparo had some items that she donated, but i was most intrigued by her hat which she says is not a hand knit:


However, the preemie blanket she knit was made by her:


How cute is that?  She crochet a little angel into the blanket and it looks lovely.

Lastly, we have Mary Jo who learned how to work on a loom today, although she says she's not ready to give up the needles:


It feel wonderful to be back in the knitting mood.  Me and my knitting mojo haven't been seeing eye to eye lately, but I think it's here for awhile.  I've decided to knit for me instead of making goods for everyone else when I realized I'm a knitter that's never made myself a scarf.  In this weather, how is that possible?!

New year, new outlook.   It's going to be a good year I can just tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment