January 28, 2012

Satisfaction

So, there I was, sitting in my room thinking about all the possibilities for making twelve projects in 2012 and how to keep my commitment to making things for myself for a change.  I was thinking about not having deadlines, or worrying about who would be disappointed if I didn't come through in time for a baby shower or birthday.

I have hundreds of balls of yarn to work with, and therefore hundreds of possibilities.  I settled on one ball of white yarn, Knit Picks Bare fingering weight, if memory serves and one skein of Cherry Tree Hill Potluck in watercolors (mostly brown) which was a gift from Sojourn Knitter (if memory serves she was generous with the gift of yarn and this time I didn't beg - like I usually do).



I found a sock pattern on Ravelry, Broken Seed Stitch socks.  The pattern is a 'recipe' not a pattern, which means there are no specific instructions for making a heel or toe, and you should already know how to knit socks. If you already know how to make socks, this is a crazy easy pattern.  I cast on my usual 64 stitches and off I went, being mindful of the fact that I'm going to be a thoughtful knitter and not so speedy, especially since this project isn't due until next month.

With that in mind, I got this far going slow and paying attention:


Oh my gosh, I love these socks!  I love the color and the feel and the look of these socks.  I love the white cuff, heel and toe:


And though I only have one sock done, the other one started, I've ratcheted the speed dial down and I'm enjoying the stitches and the way the colors are being distributed throughout the sock:


And that's my sock story.  US #2 needles and beautiful yarn.

I'm going back to my knitting and I wish you all a wonderful weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely sock! A great way to use some variegated yarn.

    ReplyDelete