June 06, 2011

Madeline

I love how soft Madelinetosh Sock feels in my hands.  I am in love with green lately (I bounce between green, red and wisteria). and on a recent trip to Knitty City I picked up this skein of Madelinetosh in grove.  Lovely color:


It was  my first time at the store and it was men's knit night.  There were about 5 men sitting at a table at the front of the store.  At the back of the store was about the same number of women sitting at the table knitting and chatting.  I guess men's knit night means the men and women don't sit together.

When I bought the yarn, I had no idea what I was going to make, and then while surfing the net and NOT buying yarn, I came across Noble Knits having a pattern sale.  Score!  And wouldn't you know it, they had the perfect pattern for this perfect color, the Leafprints Shawlette.  It should be green, don't you think?

Yesterday I made my yarn pancake, today I cast on and got this far:


There will be no subway knitting on this shawl.  I already ripped it back once and it's not going to happen again.

This Saturday coming up is WWKIP (World Wide Knit in Public) day.  The shawl won't be there, but I will.  While there I think I'll start working on Joyce's socks - the ones with the jolly roger on them.  Black socks with pink skulls, made by request.  How goth, huh?

Oh, and the Tour de Fleece is coming up.  Don't say I didn't give you fair warning that this is going to become a spinning and Andy Schleck blog.  Unless, of course, Andy doesn't do well.  Then I'll have to find myself another spinning hero.  You've been warned.

OK, off I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment