June 13, 2011

The Best Laid Plans

WWKIP was supposed to happen on Saturday.  It rained hard the night before, but I was sure the sun would come out, and we were prepared to dry everything off for a day of knitting in the sunshine.  Well, the signs were posted:


And the drizzle started, but we trooped on.  Yvonne and Winnie set up their table preparing for the crowd:


And in further anticipation of the sun, we took a group picture of the first arrivals:

Yvonne, Winnie, Carmen and Joanne

Two hours later, every bench in the park looked like this:


And it was raining like crazy!  Drats!  What a let down!  But ...

We took our picnic fare to our usual spot, the library, and we had an indoor picnic.  So all was not lost. Yay!   There's always next year.

Also, started on June 6 and finished June 12 was the Leafprints Shawlette by Anne Hanson:


The instructions were perfect, easy to understand, I didn't have to flub or guess or rip back which was a miracle.  It would have been more perfect if the leaves around the center seam were exact, call it the perfectionist in me, but they seem to go every which way.

Still, it's a darn good shawlette, perfect for a neck warmer in fall or for summer wear in the freezing cold office I work in.


The points at the top were easy to block (thank goodness for blocking wires).  Made with Madelinetosh in grove and US size 3 circular needles.  Miraculously, I got gauge!  Yay!

Now I'm looking through patterns to figure out what to make next.

Tour de Fleece is coming up in a few weeks and I still have to put my wheel together.  Oy!  I'll get to it.  I seem to work better under pressure anyway.

1 comment:

  1. Too bad about WWKIP Saturday! I LOVE your shawl, must be the color, such a lovely green.

    ReplyDelete