March 23, 2009

Progress At Last

The gift I'm making but can't show is coming along nicely. Yes, it's a little boring, but I went from 6 inches to 17 inches in 2 days. Ahh ... there is an end in sight.

In between, I made a sweater for another baby gift:


The pattern is free at the Bernat website and can be seen here. It was just interesting enough to keep me interested, and a wonderful break from the big project I'm working on. I used a little more than one skein of Bernat Baby in soft lilac and size 3 needles. The booties are on the needles.

This sweater comes in one size only, 0-3 months. Normally when I make baby things, I go for the six month size because too big is better than too small. But Jenny is so small, less than 5' tall. I've got another six month size in mind, but I have a month or so before her baby is due. I'm sure she won't mind having 2 hand knit sweaters.

Now, it's back to my other regularly scheduled project.

1 comment:

  1. I love this sweater. So how long did it take you to whip this up, Ms. Flying Fingers?

    ReplyDelete