March 20, 2009

Go Ahead ... Knit

It seems like I've been knitting forever but I don't seem to be getting anywhere. For instance, I've been knitting this little gem for three days, and this is as far as I've gotten:

It's lovely, but it's taking F O R E V E R! I'm sure that it's going to be lovely when it's done, if I live that long. Entrelac on a big project is boring. The whole time I was knitting I was chanting, "I should be making socks."

It didn't help much when I turned on the TV this morning and saw Stephanie Pearl-McPhee (aka The Yarn Harlot) showing how easy it is to make socks. Can you see my tears?

I have this perfectly lovely purple-ish yarn that my son swears he wants as socks and I'm totally into making them for him, but I spend entirely too much time trying to meet gift-giving deadlines. Do you feel my pain?

And there's this gem I've been knitting on and off for three YEARS and I'm still considering it a UFO instead of a project that should be frogged:

There's no point in frogging it because the 50 balls of yarn that was gifted to me has nowhere else to go. Can you see my hair falling out?

I did manage to spin some yarn:


It's some merino yarn I bought from etsy about a year ago, but it's a single that's been on the spool for like 100 years. I should have plied it, but I didn't - dumb.

So I made a skinny scarf in 2x2 rib for the charity box:

It's cute, but it didn't give me satisfaction. It did give me a feeling of accomplishment, though.

Now, I'm going back to the entrelac. Knit one, rip a hair out, knit one, rip more hair out. Maybe I should drink wine instead - even though I don't drink.

Who was it that said staying faithful to one project will drive you crazy? I think they're right.

No comments:

Post a Comment