August 15, 2008

Day One

Today is day one in blog land for me, and I'm so excited! I'd like to thank my friends for all their encouragement, and the ladies in my knitting class (now a knitting circle), and my spinning buddy Irma who puts up with all my emails. Let me not forget my friend Aylin who helped a whole lot. I'm sure that if she hears me say "What does that mean?!" one more time, she may sever our friendship.

For the record, I am a knitter and I crochet (minimally) and I have been teaching at my local library on weekends for the past 3 years, or so. Most of the ladies in my class are intermediate knitters who refuse to teach because they say they can't - but they can, and they do.

I am also a new spinner, but not that new since I (foolishly) joined in on the Tour de Fleece competition this year. What was I thinking?! If I knew how to put it online, you would see what my spinning looked like. Oh brother! Not only does (did) my spinning suck, but my goal was to make it better. In all fairness, it did get better, but when the tour de fleece ended so did my true efforts.

I'd also like to thank the woman on etsy.com who sold me the roving - it's beautiful and perfect and I love it - but I'm not going to use her name until my spinning gets better because if she sees what I did, she might not sell me any more roving!

Don't get me wrong - I love spinning, it's just that I haven't quite picked up the 'feel' for it. But I will. You'll see.

Pictures will follow (as soon as I figure out how to do that) and I'll be back. In the meantime, please, leave your comments, I'd appreciate your thoughts.