October 08, 2013

Spinzilla - Day 1

Spinzilla lasts for 7 days.  All I have to do is spin as much fiber as I can for 7 day, not my usual 21 days when I'm spinning for the Tour de Fleece, and post my progress online.  What could possibly go wrong?

Well, for starters, my laptop lost it's mind and told me that I don't exist.  I took it to Best Buy and they told me they could have the laptop back to me in 5-7 days.  Dude, I don't have 3 days, just patch me up and send me on my way.  I went to a different Best Buy and they fixed me up right away.  Thank goodness!

Then, while oiling up my wheel, I somehow managed to break my tension spring:


It's totally unusable.  So I went to the hardware store and they guy said they don't have this spring.  He showed me some alternatives and said, "If you can find two of what you're looking for, you can have them for free."  I found four!  I saved 40 cents!  Woo hoo!  This one was perfect:



These will do if it ever happens again (of course if it does happen again I will have forgotten where these springs are):


Here's my spinning progress so far:


This is an 8 ounce ball of Cheviot which I've barely made a dent in, and here's what's left after spinning for 4 hours:


Tomorrow I'm going to spin all day. I will feed the mangy cats, then come back home and plant myself in the spinning chair and get back to it.  I have 3 more big bags of white fiber which I'd love to get out of the fiber cabinet before I go to Rhinebeck this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment