January 19, 2013

The Haul

As you know, I had a wonderful day at Vogue Knitting Live! and now for the haul.  I must say, it was my best shopping day - ever!  I don't know if it was because I was with good friends or if it was because I was on a spending 'high'.  Either way, what a wonderful shopping day it was!

From Lion Brand I purchased this Zpagetti in red.  It's really chunky yarn and all I want is a little basket to hold some yarn.  I'll see how that goes.


From Annie and Company, I purchased these four skeins of (Artyarns) ultramerino for only $7 each (they covered up the Artyarn's name, probably so they could sell it for cheap) - what a steal! The two on the left are an olive color, the pair on the right are purple, which my camera shows as blue.   I also purchased a Della Q sock sized project bag, but I don't have a picture of it.


From Woolstock, I purchased a whole bag of Silky Wool (which I swore I wouldn't use again because of all the knots I found in prior skeins) which I couldn't resist because of the beautiful blue.  I'm determined to make myself a sweater with it. My camera doesn't do the color justice.


Then I went to Loop and couldn't resist these two batts:


The one on the left is grays with white and yellow in the center, the one on the left is brown, yellow, pink and blue.  I didn't think I would be attracted to yellow, but I'm sure neither will be as yellow when I'm finished with them.

I also got a bunch of yarn from The Plucky Knitter:


From left to right, purple, teal, toast and navy.  This yarn is so hard to get online, so I was very happy that they had a booth there.

And when I got home, there were two packages in my mailbox.  One from the Supersock Store, two skeins of Cherry Tree Hill yarn.  Interesting thing about that store.  It is a brick and morter business, but I was informed that the store is only open for business on Mondays, the rest of the days all business is done online. Did you know that?  I didn't.


The other package was from Little Knits who was also having a sale:


I'd say I'm ready for the 52 pair plunge!

So that's what I spent my day doing yesterday.  Today I'm just working on Socks on a Plane II, minus the cable:


I'm using Felici from Knit Picks which is soft and reasonably priced and I have two skeins of it so no fudging around this time. : )

3 comments:

  1. How wonderful your haul is!!!

    And a very Happy Birthday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a way to celebrate a New Year and another Birthday! Yarn, yarn and more yarn. I'm glad you had a great time. I do believe that I'm going to have to attend Vogue Knitting 2014 ~~> I'm Just saying that I too need to experience this as well. LOL.. Happy Birthday Sharon! [I believe I'm late ~_~ But it's never too late to wish someone, a friend and fellow knitting mentor that they receive and endless abundance of sock yarn and roving [is that what it's called] to spin till you can't spin no more... Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete