January 26, 2013

Bandana Cowl

I'm knitting my third pair of Socks on a Plane (yep, third pair) and I need a break.  Trust and believe this is the last pair from that pattern for a while, but I needed something in place of the socks - although I'm sure my physical therapist would disagree.

So I did a little pattern searching and visited Purl Bee's site and found the Bandana Cowl.  Well, what do you know?!  It only requires 100-130 yards of bulky yarn, and I just happen to have a skein of bulky yarn.  It's serendipity!  That lonely skein has been rolled into a pancake since forever and it needs to become wardrobe.

Said skein of yarn is alpaca, but whose alpaca is it.  Unknown.  How many yards are in this skein.  Unknown.  Is there enough to make this cowl.  Of course there is.  I don't own a skein of yarn that has less than 100 yards, so this has got to be it.  Right?  Wrong!  However, it doesn't matter.

I must have shaved at least 4 inches off the cowl, but it still has the same effect.  It will still keep my neck warm.  (I know this is true because I'm wearing it right now and I'm sweating!).  So here's the front:


And here's the back:


Here's what's left over from that, obviously less than 100 yard skein:


And here's me wearing my new cowl:


Yay!  Now my lonely skein is a cowl and can go in the drawer with the rest of my cowls ready to be worn at any time.

Now I'm one skein down in my stash, and ready to go back to my regularly scheduled sock.

No comments:

Post a Comment