November 23, 2009

I Got Nothing ...

I did a whole lot of knitting this week and last week. Believe me, I was knitting at full tilt and I was waiting for a finished object, hoping and absolutely sure I'd have something to show. And I ended up with a whole lot of ... nothing.

Last week I was working on a baby sock, the one on the right. A few days later I knit the second sock, the one on the left.


They are obviously two different sizes and I obviously forgot which size needle I used. No problem, they're a quick knit and I have the pattern memorized. So I set off to make the second sock (the third, actually) and got this:

Three socks in three different sizes is a feat that can only be accomplished by someone who thinks they know it all - me. This is why they teach math in school, so you'll know when the measurements are a little off.

Out of frustration, I watched my 'learn to use the charkha' DVD. The whole time I'm watching the video, I had my charkha all set up and with almost every sentence the teacher made, I realized I'd done something wrong. OK, got that wrong ... rewind ... got that wrong too ... rewind... oop! got that wrong for sure!

So I practiced. I spun and watched the I did everything the teacher said to do. When she moved her hand, I moved mine. When she drafted, so did I. And I turned the crank 1/4 turns just like she did. I watched, paused, cranked, play, pause, draft, pause - you get the picture.

This is what I got:

Don't even ask. Even the cat doesn't want it and she'll eat any fiber.

So I'm going back to the Seascape and the Bacchus sock and the fourth baby sock. If I'm lucky I'll finish something his month.


Oh, and did I mention that I've got NO holiday presents made? I've got streeeeeeeeeeeeess!


And let me not leave out that the plumber is coming because there's a leak behind my kitchen wall. Gee, I wonder if they're going to have to tear the wall down or what. The only way I can pay the plumber is with wool, so I'm praying he'll take some roving as payment.

1 comment:

  1. Ummmmm. There are, I'm sure, three little one- legged bears who'd be glad to have your sock. LOLOLOL
    This is possibly the funniest knitting mishap post -ever!
    Hang in there. Fourth time's a charm.

    Handknitted donegal tweed plumber's c---k cozy, priceless.

    ReplyDelete