Whew! I'm almost done with the Sipalu Bag. Seems there is no end to the provisional cast ons (3 times!) and picking up stitches by the hundreds. Still, it's 90% done and I couldn't be happier.
There was a small 'snafu' in that I was using a US #2 32" needle which was fine for the bottom part of the bag, but too long for the top. And since I didn't know where my 16" needle was, I had to wait for Knit Picks to mail me a new needle (along with the rest of the stuff I ordered!).
All I have to do now is the straps. Then I can block it, then line it and find a button. Then it can be wrapped as a holiday gift and I can get started on my next holiday gift.
Hmmm ... wonder what that will be.