June 21, 2009

Socks, My Heroes!

Whenever I hit the knitting 'wall', I find that knitting socks always helps. Maybe because they're small and because I can knit a pair in a week or less, but they inspire me to move on to bigger things.

Regardless of the reason, I've managed to finish these basic booties which are just a plain vanilla sock with a shortened leg. They're going to my next door neighbor's daughter who recently joined the knitting group. One pair down.




Then, when I was trying to do a little stash reorganization, I came across some Yarn Tree Luster Alpaca which I had and some Trekking XXL which was gifted to me:



And the first book I reached for was The Eclectic Sole, and my eye immediately went for the Nordic Lights pattern:

Nordic Lights



I started it last night and as of right now I'm up to the heel flap. These are short socks too, so outside of the extra time it takes me to do stranded knitting on the heel flap, these socks should go quick and give me time enough to think about what I'm going to do next.


It's a very pretty sock and if you ask me, the book is absolutely worth having. I've already made three pairs of socks from the book and I'm going to get to all of them sooner or later.

Now that I'm out of the knitting doldrums, I just wish it would stop raining! Really, it's been like 40 days and 40 nights of rain here in NYC. Seems to me that I should start buying materials to make an ark.

Instead of animals 2 by 2, I'll take socks since they come in pairs. Or, I could just pray for sunshine and the end of bad hair days.

No comments:

Post a Comment