April 08, 2009

So, What Have You Been Doing?

There's been a whole lot of stealth knitting going on in my world these days. I did finish one thing, and I managed to make a bird's nest out of the Bird's Nest pattern I'm working on. So it's sitting by the frog pond until it resolves its issues with me.



It's a really fast knit if you don't screw up.

To break up the monotony, I pulled out the fair isle project which went from this:

to this in two days:



It's been on my needles for years. It's a fast knit and I wondered why I left it dormant for so long. Then I remembered. Steeking. The idea of knitting the entire sweater as a tube and then cutting it with scissors is more scary than crashing my car into a pole. Fear and knitting do NOT go together.

Meanwhile, I have other burning issues. My son will be 16 at the end of the month. He's so handsome and charming that it's hard to believe some of the stuff that comes out of his mouth.

Tell me, based on these statements, if you can count how many arrows are in my heart:

"I don't need to go to college to be a rap star."

"Plenty of my friends don't have their license and they drive. Why can't I?"

"I need more paint markers so I can work on my tag before I take it to the street. (Note: a tag is a graffiti term that represents your signature on the side of a train or building. It's illegal.) "I swear, Mom, I won't get caught by the cops - and if I do, I'll tell them not to call you. I'll just stay in juvenile hall."

"These braces made my lips change. They're juicy (fuller) now. That's the kind of lips girls like to kiss." Have you been kissing? I asked. "Duh!" was the answer.

Somebody tell me, where did I go wrong?

1 comment: