May 19, 2014

Steal Away

On Saturday, I was up at 3:45 a.m., hot into a cab and went to the Port Authority where I met up with Sojourn Knitter, then hopped onto a bus to Northampton, MA.  Why?


I went to WEBS!  It's been on my bucket list for years, and my friend and 'road dog' traveled all morning in the dead of dark to arrived at about 10:30a.  When we got off the Peter Pan bus, we walked to the store, a mere four blocks away.

Seeing the store, which I thought was much larger than it was, I was not disappointed.  If you ever went to Seaport Yarns when it was at the seaport, WEBS is that size, which is pretty impressive.

With no plan, my shopping list was short and there was only one imperative - no sock yarn.  I have plenty and even though I was trying to stash down (and because sock yarn doesn't count as stash),  I went off the rails.  Honestly, how can I say no to yarn at $3.79/ball?


There were vendors outside, and there were the tents and there were even items for $1.00.  Yes, the lines were long, and you should have seen the folks who were clearing off those tables!  They had shopping carts full.  Yikes!

Inside the showroom, there was everything you could possibly want in yarn, fiber, needles, patterns, and books at 30% off!  I was in heaven!

So here's the haul:

A bag from Stitched by JessaLu, not on sale, but cute as a 'gift wrap' since I plan to put a gift in it.  Her shop is closed until June because she's vending on the road, but she has some really pretty bags and she is so nice.


There was a table full of coned yarn, and this cone weighs 2.5 ounces and only cost $20.  I don't know about you, but that's a lot of cotton for a really good price:


I've been coveting these books by Ysolda Teague for a long time, and I could only find books 1 & 3, and they were 30% off.  And of course, I never have enough US #2 needles:


Lastly, I did buy some yarn, but I'm going to hold out showing it here in case I don't get to use it until who knows when.  Maybe I'll flash it on the Moms With Yarn podcast ...

The upside of having gone to WEBS was that it is now off my bucket list and in my memory bank.  It was time (and money) well spent.  The lines were long, but they went fast and I made a new friend while waiting.  I bumped into Mimers66 (Amy) of the Hudson Valley Knits Podcast and her friend Sandy.

Would I go again?  Absolutely!

1 comment: