February 07, 2014

Let Me Explain ...

I know I said I would talk about my sweater progress, but slogging through sleeves is no fun to knit - or talk about - so just know that I'm slogging through sleeves on the Acer Cardigan.  That said, and because sleeves are no fun, I took a small break every now and again.

A small break means knitting socks.  I finished a pair of socks:


Plain vanilla socks with watermelon yarn by Abi Grasso (KnitPurlGurl on Etsy), Needles: US #1 Addi Sock Rockets and I used the Fish Lips Kiss heel (US $1 on Ravelry) which is easy as pie (the second time around).  There is a wait list for the yarn, but it's worth it.

Then, keeping a promise to Cynthia (if she made her husband a pair of socks, I would too), I knit these socks for him:


Cable Rib Socks by Erica Alexander from Interweave Knits 25 Favorite Socks.  Yarn: Dream in Color Smooshy in cloud jungle, Needles: US #1 and US #2.  This pattern is easy, fast and attractive. I've made them before and I'll probably make them again.

And then, because you can't have a trifecta without having at least three of something, I cast on yet another pair of socks:


I'm keeping with the 'can't wait until Summer' theme and using all of my bright colors.  Of course, the Patons Stretch Socks (multi) yarn was loud and wild (not that I mind much), but the yarn is also thinner than I prefer, so I had to add a solid.  If you know me at all, you know that loud colors (and sometimes scary loud) don't scare me.

In personal news, my glasses are being held together with a band aid because both Krazy Glue and Gorilla Glue didn't work.  I look more like a geek than usual and I can only wear the glasses in the house.  In case you didn't know:


Tomorrow I go for my eye exam which is just in time because the glasses weren't working anyway.  The glasses broke about a week or so ago and I couldn't get to the eye doctor because every appointment was  during a snow storm.  So, tomorrow I'll go and get two pair of glasses - one for public wearing and the other for sleeping.

Yes, I fall asleep with my glasses on - and sometimes even wake up with them still on.  Do they make rubber frames?  That's what I need.  How geeky would that be?

2 comments:

  1. Love the socks (all three)!

    The glasses, been there, done that. Except that I used medical tape (it's very attractive).

    I fall asleep with my glasses on, too (because I read in bed).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sock, Socks, & more socks. Don't you just love it? The socks are beautiful. I like the combo with patons and the lion brand

    ReplyDelete