May 12, 2013

Next!

There are a few things in life that really tickle me.  One of those things is when a knitting project turns into an FO (finished object).  There's just something about wearing the FO, or gifting it, that just makes me giggle.  As a process knitter, I love reclaiming my needles and look forward to the next project.

My FO today is a pair of the Jaywalker socks:


Surprisingly, they match almost perfectly from cuff to toe.  There's a slight difference in the toe:


No one is ever going to see the toes though so I don't care, but I was darned close!  These socks were made with Knit Picks Felici in the rainbow colorway, and the heel is made with Lion Brand sock yarn.  The only reason I made the heels white is because I don't like crazy heels and I didn't want to ruin the line of my stripes.

Now that those are done, I have a dilemma.  Do I participate in all of the sweater KALs that are going on, or do I figure out what to do with the yarn below?  The skein on the left is some mystery handspun and the right is Creatively Dyed yarn:


Or what to do with this, the left is Creatively Dyed and the right is Madelinetosh:


I need a minute to think about it, but I'll think of something.  Maybe I'll finish one of my UFOs while I scan for my next project from the millions of freebie patterns online.

In the meantime, I'm still Remembering Remy with some preemie hats done by Maria of the knitting circle:


I'm still making them, but I have only 3 on hand, all made from leftover sock yarn.  This is the latest hat:


Too cute!  If you are inclined to make preemie hats for the cause, head on over to Knitting Brooklyn on Ravelry and post pictures of your donation(s).  Every 10 hats enters you in the pool to win some great prizes, courtesy of Tracey (TBMcCarthy) and Jessica (JPeled).

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there!

2 comments:

  1. Great job with the socks! Happy Mothers Day to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those socks are the cheeriest socks in the five boroughs! How fun!
    The colorway made a sweet preemie hat. Excellent choice.

    ReplyDelete