April 13, 2013

Ahh ... Spring!

Yes, it's that time of year again ... Spring.  Finally! I love the newness of Spring and all it has to offer, and I've had enough of being cold.  Unfortunately the weather, while sunny and bright. still remains brisk and that is the only reason I'm holding out on full on happiness.

I'm in New York, and the very first day they announced the first day of Spring, I saw people outside with sundresses and flip flops on, and with shorts and tube tops too.  How did I know they were dressed as if it were the dead of summer?  Because their winter wool coats were open.  Only in New York.

Around here there are signs that Spring is here.  The daffodils are up:


The whatever-these-are flowers (they look like daffodils, but are a pale yellow) are up:


The grass is growing and needs to be cut while the leaves left over from Fall are slowly being buried in their blades.  The chicks and hens (plants) are already little bushes of greenery ... and still, the temperature around here is in the 50s.  You still need to wear a coat and at night you need mittens, but Spring is truly in the air.

Knitting resumes and I'm halfway done with the French Cancan which is done up in Elsabeth Lavold's silky wool in light blue (which also brings Spring to mind):


I'm almost done with two pairs of socks and then I'll be ready to start on my next project - which I hope will be a sweater that I can wear when the weather gets a little warmer.  A girl's got to have a dream, right?

1 comment: