July 23, 2012

Radio Silence

It's been a while since I last posted, pardon the silence.  I've been away from the blog because life happened and it totally took my attention away from here and turned it to my family.  There's one thing I know for sure, life goes on and you go with it.

Knitting has been happening though, so at least I have something to show for all the time I've been away.

First I made these socks because I loved them the minute I saw them:


Pattern: Mermaid Socks (Ravelry)
Yarn: Malabrigo Sock
Needles: US #2

Then I made this hat because I had some fiber generously donated by Sojourn Knitter which I spun up that had low yardage:



Capistrano Fiber Arts Limited Edition, wool and kid mohair, 2 ounces.  The only thing I could think to make was a hat, so I made this:


Pattern: Kozue (Ravelry)
Color: Sands of Utah, 106 yards
Needles: US #7

And what makes this knitter happier than when two and a half skeins of Bebe Lang in lemon lime:



And a little leftover yarn, the brown ball, Cascade Heritage (leftover after making the Hootenanny Socks):


Turns into this:


Pattern: Tweed Baby Blanket by Jared Flood
Yarn: Bebe Lang Superwash in lemon lime and Cascade Heritage Solids (brown)
Needle: US #4


Pinning this blanket was a pain in the wrist, but it was worth it.  I only wish my camera could show you the true colors.  Too bad it's been cloudy and raining for the past 3 days.

I also did some spinning for the Tour de Fleece, but not much.  Those pictures will follow on another day.  This post is way over my usual picture limit.

Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment