February 25, 2012

Loved On

You know how you describe your projects as being 'worked on'?  Well, I didn't work on these socks as much as I loved on them.  OMG!  I love these socks!

The pattern comes from the Think Outside the Sox book called Fair Isle Made Easy by Laurie Kynaston.  In my opinion, she deserved her win and her entry into the book.  The pattern is fast and easy.  I love these socks (it bears repeating!).  I used Cherry Tree Hill Potluck (water colors) which is browns and reds, along with Knit Picks Bare sock yarn, which is a two ply, low twist yarn, and US #1 needles.


The modified cuff (by knitting the main color and purling the contrasting color) was because I didn't read the directions carefully, but also I just liked how it looked.  The second modification was in the leg, where I did three repeats of the pattern rather than four.  That's because I'm short and my calves are big.


And after all that knitting loving, I still had this much yarn left over:


I swear my yarn multiplies while I sleep!  How is that possible when I made two pairs of socks with the same exact yarn and still have enough to make another pair?  I could probably make a blanket with what's left, but maybe I won't tempt the fates like that.

Joanne and I went to String Yarns on Sunday.  Nice store, well lit. Not a price tag in sight!  The prices are posted on these little stands on the shelf in front of the yarns.  High end.


Not a lot of manufacturers but a lot of colors and yarns of all weights, all the yarns were expensive except what was in the 50% bowl.  I'm glad I got to it before Joanne did because she darn near cleaned them out:


I got a nice little haul myself:


 After shopping, I was to weak to blog - clearly ashamed of myself. What happened to "I'm going to knit from my stash" New Year's resolution?  I need professional help!  I got four skeins of Madelinetosh Pashmina (75/15/10 merino/silk/cashmere), two skeins of  Sublime (cashmere/merino/silk aran), and two skeins of mystery yarn so I can make one of the cowls Joyce made.  I love my haul!

Now all I have to do is get to knitting.  Strike while the iron is hot, as they say.

Stitch on, everybody!

1 comment:

  1. The socks look nice. I have this book, maybe I'll knit them too some day. Haha, I've totally failed in my goal. I've bought knitting books, yarn, fiber (a alot), the only thing I did not buy this year is a knitting magazine. I'm so weak! But you, that Madelinetosh Pashmina sounds like something wonderful. Never had it, but have seen a lot of people use it, and swoon over it. Enjoy your haul, and happy knitting!

    ReplyDelete