February 14, 2012

Oh Joy!

Last year, seems the whole year went by with not much to show or tell.  I was deep in the knitting doldrums and not overly excited about anything I knit.  Knitting happened, but it was not with the same enthusiasm as this year has been, and it's only February!

This year, I made the Amelia hat for my 12 in '12 made with Madelinetosh Vintage in Duchess:


I really liked the hat, but I gave it away, not to Carmen (my hat model), but to someone else.  I was happy to hand it off because it really wasn't 'me'.

Then I made the Broken Seed Stitch Socks which I liked, made with Cherry Tree Hill Potluck in water colors and Knit Picks Bare in white:


Then I made the Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend, which took only a few hours to make, and it was a joy to see some of my Wool Ease (in heather green and tan) go:


Then I was had a great idea for another project which started with the left over yarn from the Broken Seed Stitch socks:


And below I finished one sock from the Think Outside the Sox book called Fair Isle Made Easy:


I love this pattern and it'll be my third project for 2012 when I'm done.  How happy I am!  Details will follow when I'm done with the pair.  That is, if I have enough yarn to finish the second sock.  I'm going with the premise that I can never run out of yarn.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

In addition, I made 3 preemie hats, so I figure the knitting doldrums have officially come to an end.  The only thing missing is my spinning - and I'm really missing it.

Now I'm off to knit my second sock before the feel good of the first sock wears off.

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful! It's great that you have fun knitting again. Your new socks look fantastic, or I should say the one sock. You'll have enough for the second! You never run out of yarn!

    ReplyDelete