November 21, 2011

Thanksgiving

The Thanksgiving holiday is this week and I have so much to be thankful for, not the least of which is my knitting circle of friends.

This weekend we had a potluck dinner at the library and Junior (who is a staunch advocate of the knitting circle and especially of the NY Sheep & Wool Festival aka Rhinebeck).  He showed up at the potluck wearing the 2 year sweater that his wife made him.  Wow!


It only took his wife, Maria, 2 years to finish and it was well worth the wait!  Doesn't he look stunning?!  What's more, he brought his pineapple upside down cake which is world famous and a circle favorite. Thank you, Junior for showing up all decked out (and for the cake).

And right there, between chicken and baked ziti, Yvonne finished her Hello Kitty hat!


Isn't it adorable?  It's even cuter in person.  I'm all for finished objects - even if it's not one of mine. Some lucky little girl is going to be very, very happy and very cute too.

I'm only 5 rows away from finishing my Holden Shawlette.  All I have to do is tink back three rows, then go forward for 5.  It's such an easy little shawl and it's pretty too.  It's a holiday gift and probably one of the few I will finish between now and the due date.  Pictures to come.

What's next?  Well, I'm leaving town on Wednesday to spend time with the family in Wayland, NY.  It's been a while since the family got together - we all live so far apart, so I'm expecting the usual family things: good food, lots of laughter and some quality together time.  It'll be wonderful.

In case I don't make it back in time, Happy Thanksgiving to all.

1 comment: