May 23, 2011

Ah, the newness!

Well, we finally arrived!  Or should I say my son finally arrived.  He graduated high school and he's college bound.  Yay! and whew!  Congratulations go to my son Jason who worked really, really hard his senior year and graduated with some pretty good scores on his finals and now a new chapter begins.  


My old computer died - mostly.  I took it to the Geek Squad and the kindly gentleman behind the counter told me that a new computer would cost less to buy than it would cost to fix my old one.  I was kind of sad to see it go, it was so small and compact and easy to carry around.  Gone.  Just know this, a net book is for really, really little things and will not hold 2000 songs.  Get a flash drive.

There's a baby on the way.  My niece is having a baby boy in a few months, so I figured I'd better start knitting up a few of the little things he'll need, starting with booties:


Made with Koigu KPPMG left over from my latest pair of Hydrangea (Eclectic Sole by  Janel Laidman).


Made with Socks that Rock left over from my Kei Mei socks (Sock Innovation by Cookie A)


Made with Creatively Dyed yarn left over from ... hmm ...can't remember.


Mittens are useful too, but you might not want thumbs since the baby's thumbs will never be in them.  This is some left over yarn from School Products that I made many things with and it wouldn't go away.  It's finally gone.  Karabella Yarn, if I'm not mistaken.

Now that I have a new computer that my son is not allowed to touch EVER, I just might be able to stay in business and keep my blog updated.

Coming up is the assembly of my new spinning wheel - the Elizabeth II which I've been drooling over since I first saw pictures of it.  Thank you WEBS!

 And I must tell you of the disaster of trying to spin with a takhli.  Oh my word!  I was trying to get some practice in before I headed out to SOAR so I wouldn't be the dumbest one in the class.  I'd like to apologize to my classmates in advance, because in spite of my best efforts, I am destined to be the class idiot.  Oy!

Happy knitting to you all.  I'll be back.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations to you both!!!! That is indeed the best news! I wish him every success.

    So glad that you are able to blog again. Those baby knits are dripping with cuteness!! So, so very adorable. I'm inspired as always by your knit adventures. More, more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to you and your son! How exciting that must be for both of you! Congrats also to your new computer, that always feels nice. I love my Elisabeth wheel, and mostly spin with that one. I wish I could have the 30" special edition, but it would not make much sense to buy that one too. Have a lot of fun at SOAR!
    Monika-Smoking Hot Needles

    ReplyDelete