March 28, 2011

The Sock Challenge

At he time of this writing, only 3 people have finished the first sock of the sock challenge.  Tracey finished first and she whipped through those socks like her needles were on fire!  And a great looking pair of socks they are. Yay! And congratulations T.


Then Joanne finished her socks which are being modeled by her daughter, Shakira.  With the hand painted yarn most socks are fraternal rather than identical twins, but the socks are bright and lovely, just in time for Spring.  Congratulations Joanne.


Also finished are Carol's socks which are as lovely and also fraternal twins:


The socks are warm and soft and lovely and being modeled by Carol herself.  Congratulations Carol, you did a great job on those socks!

The rest of the ladies are still on their first sock, but the pattern for the second sock is ready to go.  The ladies are working on the Little Acorn Socks by Joanna Ryan.  Unfortunately this pattern is in the archives and no longer being offered online, but it's a quick knit so there should be something to show you soon.

As for me, I finished one Kai Mei sock by Cookie A:


Don't look at it too closely because I might have used some creative license to make this sock (translated means I screwed up), but the second sock remarkably, has the same error in the same place. I'm remarkable that way.

Cookie A is all about the math and you know how I am with math!!  It's amazing I got  the sock done at all!  I can only count on fingers, and I screw up as soon as I get into the double digits, starting with the number 10. 

Maybe you didn't know this, but the World Wide Knit in Public Day (WWKIPD) is June 11, 2011.  The knitting circle ladies and I have applied for a permit to have the event at Pelham Bay Park (South) in the Bronx, easily accessible by train, bus and car.  Details will follow as we get closer to the date.

I'll be back with pictures of my finished Kai Mei socks and pictures of the new sock as soon as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment