August 20, 2010

While Recovering

This is like one of those 'what I did on my summer vacation' essays I had to do for school.  Instead, this is the 'what I did while home recovering from surgery' essay.  It wasn't a vacation, of course, but it would have been if I had been able to get my son to cook dinner and my cat to wash the dishes.  Oh well.  The good news is that I got some knitting done.  Yay!

First I finished the Fountain Pen Shawl which I'm keeping for myself.  I looooooooooove this shawl! 

This shawl is as soft as a bunny!
And I knit up a few pairs or children's socks for charity:


Then I finished shawl #7 which  I can't show you just yet, but I can tell you that it's called La Cumparsita and it's already got a home to go to - all the way to Georgia!  Marietta, I hope you like it!  Here's a sample view:


Thank goodness for blocking wires.  They're a pain in the butt to thread through the garment, but they save a lot of time I would otherwise spend pinning.  If you don't have any, but want some, I got mine at Knit Picks.

Then I started on shawl #8 which is halfway done, but don't pay attention to it now, I plan to dye it.  It's the Swallowtail Shawl, a lovely shawl it is, and easy to make:


I still need two shawl patterns to knit.  I've been searching high and low for shawls I like that require 500 yards or less of yarn since I more than made my quota of "big" shawls.  Any suggestions?

Off I go to knit something!  Happy knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment