They were worth the effort because they're for my mom, but it'll be a very cold day before I make another pair. All those little crossed stitches were a pain in the rear, but I like the finished look. I used Jade Collection sock yarn from Sock Pixie and US #2 needles. Everyone should have a pair of green socks!
I took a nap, I ate some dinner, I watched TV and then I assumed the knitting position again. Just because my lips can count to 100 doesn't mean my brain can. There is apparently a disconnect somewhere, so I gave up the shawl. My go-to solution when I'm having a bad knitting day is socks. I can make socks, and I often do when all else fails. So I tried to cast on for a pair of socks, and lost interest quickly.
Maybe my glasses don't work, maybe my brain is on vacation. Whatever it is, knitting yesterday was a bust.
I figured since I was on a losing sttreak with knitting, I might as well try something else. Since I am the proud new owner of an Ashford 24" rigid heddle loom from Copper Moose, I figured I'd go assemble it figuring I'd probably never get to the weaving part. I was wrong! I assembled, warped and wefted successfully.
Yesterday at knitting circle someone donated yarn on cones which I quickly snatched up. And I had some Yarntree alpaca that had been laying around here since Moses crossed the desert. I set up and in an hour I had half a scarf. Today I finished it.
It's not going to be featured in any magazine, but I'm pleased as punch! You can probably play Where's Waldo with the mistakes, but who cares! It was a learning experience, I'll do better next time and it won't have any mistakes, but for now, it'll do. I promised Monika that she would get the first thing off my loom, and so it's hers (whether she wants it or not!), and a promise of better looking dish towels in the future.
So, I'm off to try counting again. I've got shawls to make!