October 16, 2011

Rhinebeck 2011

This year I went to Rhinebeck on Sunday instead of Saturday.  The fairgrounds were half full and it was so much easier to get around - to see where you were going instead of being directed by the crowd.  It was overcast and the wind made it chilly, but I sure appreciated the space to walk.


We kept hearing music in the park, almost haunting music but we couldn't tell where it came from.  We found them playing Andean flute music.  It was so beautiful (which I couldn't catch here, but I tried):


I didn't shop much, this is the first year I didn't have a shopping list.  I know I wanted to buy some scour for my raw fiber (I heard at SOAR that it was pretty good), but then I saw the booth next door and also bought a 'sample'.


The sample was a 2 ounce bag of Jacob fiber.  I saw it, tried to ignore it, but I just couldn't pass it up.  It's only a sample, what could be the harm?  It was the color that got me.  It's Jacob that is softer (and more greasy) than anything else I touched there.


The vendor told me that I should leave some of the lanolin in washing it out would lessen the amount of fiber I would end up with.  I didn't understand that, and I plan to wash as much of the lanolin out as I can.  I don't want any stains on my clothes when I make my scarf!

Then I shopped for Tracey.  Sorry, but Jennie the Potter had no cups or yarn bowls.  What she did have was a pad for taking orders.  So, instead of coming home empty handed, I did score some of this:


So there you have it.  A day at the fair that ended happy.


The sheep in the back sure was scared of us!

1 comment:

  1. I wish I had known you would be there on Sunday too. I would've hunted you down :-)

    ReplyDelete